Sunday, August 29, 2010

Family Reunion

A few weeks ago we drove to East Texas for a family reunion with my Dad's side of the family. I have 9 cousins on that side of the family and all but 2 are married or engaged and all but 3 have more than 1 kid... all that to say it's a crowd. It's been years since we've all been together and still everyone wasn't able to make it this time but there were more of us together than there has been for several years now. I even saw my oldest cousin and met his family who I am pretty sure I haven't seen in at least 15 years.
We all met up at my Aunt Carol and Uncle Bobby's house on Lake Palestine. Tyler experienced his first boat ride, first swim in a lake and even got to fish a little with Grandaddy.


Bailey joined Tyler and I with with a few others for a ride on Uncle Bobby's barge. It was later in the afternoon when we went out so it wasn't quite as hot as it was earlier in the day.


I didn't think to put Tyler in his swimsuit before we went out on the boat but a few of the other kids on board wanted to swim a little and my cousin Magen and her boyfriend were getting in the water so I let him get in with his clothes on... he thought that was the funniest thing ever that he swam in his clothes.



Back in dry clothes that thankfully I had thought to bring Tyler did a little fishing with Grandaddy from the pier. He was a little crazy with the rod so my Dad held it most of the time and of course Tyler was done after about 10 minutes. Ah the attention spam of a 3 year old.


My Aunt had her neighbor take a picture of us all to document the occasion... as you can tell it was quite a crowd.

1 comment:

The Iveys said...

Awesome! I love the comment about the attention span of a 3 year old! I laugh when Tim is trying to show Caden how to do something and by the time he is finished explaining it, Caden has lost interest! :) Great pictures! Love that Tyler swam in his clothes!