Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter fun

We had a fun Easter weekend although I was out of commission on Easter Sunday with a really bad headache. Before that yuckiness though Tyler had a great time at his Easter egg hunt and party at school on Friday... he was NOT a fan of the Easter Bunny though... apparently he screamed. This it not the first negative encounter he has had with people dressed in costume... on the upside that should keep us from having to experience Chucky Cheese for another year or so. WOO HOO!
Saturday morning Tyler and I went to the Easter Eggsperience ( big egg hunt, carnival type thing) at our church where we found something else he is afraid of... clowns. I promise my child is not a big chicken about a lot of things, BUT people dressed as unnatural things really freak him out. The shame of the clown fear was that he REALLY wanted a balloon sword but he just couldn't handle standing close enough to the clowns to have one of them make him a sword. He tired a couple of times and he just couldn't do it. I was proud that he at least tried to overcome the fear. Better luck next year buddy!





the egg hunt went way too fast for me to get pictures during so this is him posing after

they had a couple of craft tables for kids to do Easter related crafts... decorating this egg lasted about a minute for Tyler and he was ready to move on to something else... ah life of a toddler OMG he's really almost 3! (sorry temporary Mom freak out moment)

jumping in 1 of the 3 bouncehouses that we had to try... they actual had 4 but I dodged the last one... Mommy can only handle standing in line for the same thing so many times


But who could blame him really, what's not to love about a bounce house!?



Thursday Grandma picked up Tyler and took him to the park then brought him home and gave him his Easter basket from she and Grandad. Tyler was very excited about all the candy, his new Spiderman basket and the little chia-duck.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

FUN! I'm sorry to hear you were out of commission on Sunday but glad you got to experience all the activities on Saturday.

The Iveys said...

Hey, I'm all about being scared of clowns! I feel for him! Caden has that same playground shirt! Tyler looks sooooo grown up in the very last picture!!! Wow!